Saturday, November 18, 2017

Seeping

Seeping

By Matthew "Snooglebum" Wasik

I sail away from my home, screaming in impotent rage at those who had the hubris to create me.


I am lying on the deck now. The twinkling skies above me smile down indifferently, and sea spray licks my face, the boat rolling like an eager dog.


I think of her, as the boat creaks. Blood seeping into the deck, a smile cut short. Moments that repeat themselves over and over in my head.


I sail to a land where the trees grow like spiraling mountains, pollen gently drifting down in a haze of canary-yellow.  I burn it to the ground just for the sake of it.


I sail to the land of bubbling red lakes and speak to the natives, who’s faces are riddles and who’s words sparkle like dewdrop. I destroy as much as I can before fleeing for my life.


I sail, thinking of her, thinking of the scent of black powder, the blade slick with blood, the crack of flintlock all around me, and weep.


I sail to the end of this flat earth, and throw myself off the edge.


And I think of her as I fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment